Dr. Kate Heineman has been an osteopathic practitioner in the Des Moines area since 2013. She chose the specialty of osteopathic manipulation as she felt it was the best form of medicine to help get to the root of the problem for any disease or condition. Her goal with any osteopathic treatment is to communicate with and support the natural laws of healing within each patient by using her hands. Beyond pursuing osteopathy, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, personal development, artisan food, travel, quiet moments, and anything outdoors.
Neuro-Musculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (NMM/OMM)
Neuro-Musculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (NMM/OMM) at Mercy Health Partners in Muskegon, Michigan
Des Moines University, including a one-year OMM Fellowship
- Kasten K, Tyler S, Johnson A, Pickos J, Erika K, Heineman K, Chunfa J. The Immediate, Intermediate, and Long-Term Effects of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment on Pulmonary Function in Adults with Asthma. AAO Journal. 2020;30(3):29-35.
- Heineman K. Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment in the Management of Pediatric Headache and Orthodontic Intervention: A Case Report. AAO Journal. 2018;28(1):15-18.
- Heineman KL, Lewis DD, Finnerty EP, Crout SV, Canby C. Effect of a mandatory third-year osteopathic manipulative treatment course on student attitudes. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2016;116(4):207-213. doi:10.7556/jaoa.2016.045.
- Heineman K. Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment in the Management of Biliary Dyskinesia. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2014;114(2):129-133. doi:10.7556/jaoa.2014.027.
- Heineman K. Manuscript reviewer: AAOJ, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018
- Heineman K. Manuscript reviewer: JAOA, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2013.
- Heineman K. Manuscript reviewer: Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 2016, 2015.
- Heineman K. Manuscript reviewer: Novel Physiotherapies, 2014.